Thread Turning Tool with many Advantages
- Optimal Clearance
Read below why you should use FourCut as the first choice for external thread turning. See also the video about FourCut.
Four Cutting Edges – for the price of Three
As the price for the inserts are the same, the FourCut threading insert is 25% cheaper as it has four cutting edges instead of three.
Strong and Stable Machining
FourCut is a vertical insert. This gives a very strong insert. The cutting forces go in to the insert and you don ́t need any anvil as the carbide insert take up the forces.
No problem with the side forces as the at surface of the insert take up these forces. No weak point on the toolholder.
Minimum Waste of Material
With a vertical insert the accessibility gives you two main advantages.
- Less waste of material as you don´t need to turn away material to be able to make the thread.
- As you have more space you can use a live center when you are turning small diameters. This will give you a stable machining and a better quality of thread.
SmiCut has also developed a FourCut toolholder with extra accessibility. Read more about it here.
Perfect Cutting Conditions
The inserts are ground on all sides with a complex grinding technology on 6-axis grinding machines to get a 7° clearance angle all around the thread profile which gives the following advantages:
- Extra clearance on the flanks gives better cutting conditions.
- Same toolholder for different helix angles as the extra clearance allow you to have bigger difference in helix angle.
- Less clearance on the radius gives stronger cutting edge and longer tool life.
Use same toolholder for Grooving
FourCut is also available for Grooving. Same holder is used for threading and grooving. The grooving inserts are available for widths up to 3,5 mm.